After as short rest from Erin's long birthday celebrations, Jacob's birthday arrived this week. Stacie works very hard to get ready for birthdays worrying about getting the right gifts, planning the right activities, and getting cakes and food on the sunday family birthday parties. It has been fun having Grandmas and Granpas, RaKay, Gary and Carol, Sam and April, and Sam (and sometimes even Chris) over for family dinner, and cake and ice-cream.
Jacob got - what else- a video game and MS live "points", which means more video games. Zac is busy with early morning weights (for football), and spent the weekend at Rendevous with the scouts. They did rappelling, cooking, knife and axe throwing, and muzzle-loader shooting. His mountian-man name is "Pigskin". Zac is getting close to 200 lbs., so the name kind of fits. I think he likes it. :)
Stacie enjoyed the extra time over Spring Break to play more tennis. She's also been painting our bedroom. It looks pretty good. It has been getting warmer, so Jacob and I have started swimming in the pool. It is a bit cold at first but you get used to it. The water has been great!
Chet has been working hard and doing well in school. He's very focused and does great. He's also learning how to take care of a car. He's also staying busy with an active social life too. Stacie took him to buy a wet suit since it gets cold in the water while he's at work. I just tell him he needs to allow at least a little fat on his body and he'd do better with the cold temps... like me. I'm a regular polar bear. He just gives that "look" like I'm crazy. :)
At work I have been working extra hours to stay on schedule on our current project. I'll be glad when it's finally done. Well that's it for now.
- the Lakes
No comments:
Post a Comment