Hello Family!
This last week was busy and things are only getting busier this week. We enjoyed being in the temple with so many family members this last weekend. Erin received her endowment on Friday and we had a great time together. Later we had dinner together at Olive Garden and that was very enjoyable too. Erin and Josh are getting sealed this Friday and finally the day we’ve been looking forward to will have arrived. Stacie and I are busy getting ready, though truth be told, she’s much more busy than I.
Even though she’s real busy with Erin’s reception, Stacie is finding time to play tennis. She is also applying for new jobs she’d interested in. Like I’ve said before, she’s tired of attending Jr. High. She loves office work, but being a student – not so much! Chet and Annie have broken off their plans and their relationship. He seems to have moved on ok and she plans to go to Taiwan and spend time with her mother. Chet is now pretty well focused on school and life as a student. He seems to be doing well.
Zac’s football team won last Wednesday. They beat the Marcos De Niza JV team fairly handily. The final score was 43 to 13 but it wasn’t really that close. This week they play Highland which is more of a rival since they are closer to home. We’re looking forward to that game.
Jacob is enjoying school, at least he doesn’t complain about it. He also has been working out to pass off his physical fitness requirements for his tenderfoot. He also has most of his Second Class requirements finished. Jacob has been a good sport while Grandma and grandpa Lake are visiting. He’s been “camping out” in the loft on an air mattress.
I have been working extra hours at work lately, but it appears that is ending and I’ll be back to a normal schedule. That means I’ll be able to be more present with the scouts which I am finding is a real hoot. We have a large group of deacons (large for us since we have historically only had 4 or 5 deacons in our ward). Currently we have 9 of them. That’s a smaller group than many wards, but we’re very happy to have a quorum large enough to handle the sacrament without needing help.
We are looking forward to seeing many of you this weekend. We know some can’t make it and that’s ok. We’ll see you all again soon hopefully. Until next month…
-The Lakes
http://boydandstacielake.blogspot.com/
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment